Saturday, December 13, 2008

APRIL

Eric had regional Porsche training in Las Vegas at the beginning of the month. We drove down to Vegas in this...

...'08 Porsche Cayman

As good looking and sporty as this car may be, it is not a good "road tripping" car for tall people. But we survived. :)

I celebrated my 24th birthday with...PANTS! It all started the day before my birthday...

My brother, Steven, and his five adorable children came over to play with us Monday afternoon. We colored, we made helping hands and flowers (to put in a pot as a Mother's Day gift), we ironed decals on T-shirts (and put glitter glue and sequins on them), we played horseshoes and drew with sidewalk chalk, we ate popsicles, and we laughed a lot. We also had a little birthday celebration to which I got to open a present from Steve and his family. Melanie had joined us at this point (she had gone to lunch with a friend) and made a small disclaimer that she was not with Steve when he got the present. Kimberly (the oldest, 8 years of age) made a similar disclaimer. Come to find out, Steve did the birthday shopping with Ben (7), Liz (4), and Em (almost 3).

The amazing Hansen 7 gave me four new pairs of pants and a skirt! (All to which fit perfectly and were very stylin'!) The little girls chanted, "Fashion show! Fashion show!" So I have pics of all the "outfits."

A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY BEINGS WITH WONDERFUL SLEEP.
-Debra Fotheringham 4/15/08

Tuesday morning (around 6:00 a.m.) I was greeted by my lover with a soft kiss and birthday wishes. He is the best! He also told me to sleep in as long as I wanted and to take my time because "this was my day." I love this man!!! But I actually got out of bed before 7:30 a.m. and began my journey downstairs. I was greeted by Anna (birthday song and hug included!) and this lovely decoration:


After cleaning up some random things around the house and getting ready for the day, Anna and I went to lunch with Deb to Thai Ruby. The waiter was typical zoobie and at one, point he tried "a move" on me. He saw my wedding ring and said, "Oh, are you engaged or do you just wear that to ward off the crazies?" "No, I have been happily married for two years." He didn't talk to me for the duration of our lunch. Psycho boy. Why do they instantly go for the married women?

We stopped by K-Mart on our way home and then "kicked it" until Eric got home...and man what a surprise he brought with him! GORGEOUS BIRTHDAY BOUQUET! That boy won himself some major bonus points with this one! :)

(The Flowers...note the calla lilies, which are my fav)

I was starting to feel really ill at this point (stupid cold!), so we decided to forgo the original plan of Color Me Mine and Lemon Passion Cake and made birthday crepes for dinner and snuggled up to one of my favorite movies, The Holiday. Before we ate, however, I got to open all of my presents...and this is where my birthday got really exciting. My sister-in-law, Michelle, coordinated a Clandestine Operation: TRAVELING PANTS with all of my siblings and parents. They each sent me a pair of crazy pants for my birthday! Michelle read my blog concerning my need for new pants...so she thought it would be fun to help make my blog wish come true! :) It was awesome! And it was a completely surprise! Steve's present on Monday went completely past me...I didn't get it until I opened the first package on Tuesday! It was awesome and very hilarious!

(Sailor Pants from Mom & Dad)

(Juicy from Mike & Co.)

(Adidas from Steve & Co.)

(Camo from Anna)

(Bejeweled A heart E from Erik & Co.)

My niece Jessica told me, "Well, just be careful what you wish for on your blog. We like to make those wishes come true!" :) It was an amazing day THANKS TO ALL OF YOU INCREDIBLE PEOPLE!!!

On April 21, Eric and I celebrated the BEST TWO YEARS EVER!

In honor of our SECOND ANNIVERSARY, I filled out this little "husband tag" survey. It's special, but hopefully it helps Eric know just how much I love and appreciate him! These past two years have been some kind of wonderful! I am more in love than ever before. He is the man of my dreams and so much more!

What is his name? Eric Brent Sorensen

How long have you been married? Two years and a few hours!

Who eats more? Eric, but he has a bigger tank to fill. (I probably eat more junk food than him though…)

Who said "I love you" first? Me! But Eric exchanged his love right after. That was on November 13, 2005.

Who is taller? Eric, unless I’m wearing really crazy tall shoes.

Who sings better? I think we would both say the other partner sings better…I like Eric’s voice. We have good “filler voices,” not so much soloists.

Who is smarter? When it comes to intellect, we create one really really smart person when we work together. We have been blessed with very different strengths: Eric is extremely mechanical, logical, has a very good memory, good at math, solving puzzles, very street smart etc. I love writing and reading, artistic expression, I too enjoy solving puzzles and organizing. I am detail-oriented and book smart.

Whose temper is worse? Our tempers are different. Eric expresses his in the moment and then gets over it. I suppress my feelings and let them fester until I blow at some random, very unrelated moment (I’m working on it).

Who does the laundry? I do it for the most part, but not because Eric isn’t willing to help out. He does it when needed. He is always willing and ready to help around the house.

Who does the dishes? Anna. It is a rare occasion that we get a turn! Our general rule is one makes the dinner, the other does the dishes (though we usually help with both).

What is a little thing or two you love about him? There are so many things I love about Eric! Lately I have really loved and appreciated his ability to keep me laughing and having fun during stressful moments. He doesn’t let life bog him down, nor does he take unimportant things too seriously…and I need that sort of influence in my life. I also love his patience and gentle ways with me. He is a true gentleman and amazing lover.

Who pays the bills? Eric makes all the play dough and we both take part in paying the bills. He does all the online ones and tithing. I take care of writing out checks…the “mail-ins.”

Who mows the lawn? Eric is SO nice and lets me share in this responsibility! He does it most of the time, but I get a turn when I want (and my allergies aren’t haywire).

Who cooks dinner? We both LOVE to cook. Generally, weekdays = me and weekends = Eric. Eric always cooks when we go camping, which is an excellent arrangement!

Who drives when you are together? Almost always Eric, which is sometimes hard since I love driving so much, but I’m getting used to it.

Who is more stubborn? Hmm, depends on the situation. Perhaps me.

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Eric is the most patient, understanding, and forgiving man I have ever met, so he probably gets the credit for this one.

Who proposed? It was more of a discussion rather than an actual proposal back in November 2005…but Eric did get down on one knee and pop the question three weeks before we got married. Good thing I said yes, eh!? (Those custom rings take some time, though, so I’m not complaining!)

Who has more friends? I’m more social.

What attracted you to him? His quiet and calm demeanor, his big strong muscular body, his ability to fix anything with virtually anything…MacGyver!, his testimony of the Gospel, his support and thoughtfulness toward my sister, his laugh and ability to have TONS OF FUN, his loyalty and respect toward me.

Who wears the pants? We believe in teamwork! But Eric is good at wearing pants!

No comments: