Saturday, December 13, 2008

FEBRUARY

We kept busy with work and random projects all month. We enjoyed an early spring and the accompanying warmer weather. Nothing too noteworthy, though I did have a humorous experience with my keys.

I was multitasking, as usual, one morning when something really funny occurred that completely caught me off guard. It was something that "so didn't happen to Alisyn," that I was in a state of shock for at least three seconds. I almost panicked.


I was heading out for the day with a rather unusual inventory: purse, garbage, Netflix envelope, a shopping list, a note with an address, a folder I needed to return to someone, and two Valentine's bags with lotion in them. I opened up Jerky's (my '97 Ford Escort) passenger door and unloaded everything but the Netflix envelope and my purse. I locked the door and proceeded to the driver's side. I put my purse between the seat and door (for safety purposes...) and started my car. I figured Jerky would like a little warm-up before being driven down the street. I then walked across the street to our mailbox where I placed the Netflix envelope. Awesome. I was making good time and looking forward to my Visiting Teaching interview (which was at 10:45). I headed back to my car and lifted the door handle...only to discover that I HAD LOCKED THE DOOR!!!

I am one of those people who locks my door as soon as I enter the car. Actually, I lock the door right after I open it, even before I'm seated in the car...you know, to be safe. Ha! REAL SAFE, AL! YOU CAN'T EVEN GET IN NOW! Here's where the three seconds of shock and almost panic took over. I have NEVER LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF MY CAR! Ever! I thought about calling Eric, but realized my phone was in the car...safe and sound. Then I laughed aloud because of the irrational thinking that was taking over. All I needed to do was go inside the house and get my spare key. BUT my house key was in the car...safe and sound. Then I thought about the amazing and ingenious lock box by our front door. It has a spare house key in it. Then I laughed aloud again. I walked over to the garage and punched in the code. No locked doors, just easy access into the house (and my spare key) once that little code was entered. I ran up the stairs (though how well can a girl RUN up stairs in three inch boots and a skirt?), grabbed my spare key and exited through the garage...making sure the key worked before closing the garage door. Yeah, I'm pretty much brilliant! Ha!
2/3/08

2 comments:

Tricky Trix said...

What a good looking couple!

The Tiffany's said...

LOVE your outfits there!