Thursday, December 9, 2010

July 2010

ode to eric

Firstly, a HUGE round of applause goes out to my amazing support team.

C-O-U-L-D-N'T H-A-V-E D-O-N-E I-T W-I-T-H-O-U-T Y-O-U!

Thanks oodles!

Secondly, I miss my lover. I miss my lover something wicked terrible. I was near tears yesterday because the feeling of being without him was almost u-n-b-e-a-r-a-b-l-e. Seriously. Sad state to be in. I distracted myself really well today hoping I wouldn't feel the ache as much. It worked and then everyone left. Now it's bedtime {which = time of day when ache is most acute} and I can hardly breathe.

Good news: E returns home tomorrow afternoon!


And the story goes something like this...

Once upon three weeks ago, E's parents and one of his sister's bought a two-weeks-a-year share in a houseboat on Lake Powell. They invited us to attend their first week {June 27-July4} with them. E was thrilled and got work off at the semi-truck shop he's currently working at with his brother.

I am stressed and told him "NO WAY!" because camp is only a few preciously short days away, not to mention the impossible quest of getting work off. J-u-s-t w-a-s-n't g-o-i-n-g t-o h-a-p-p-e-n. So I kissed him and sent him on his merry little way. He has had a great week.....though the super awesome FUN was marred by the absence of his super hottie wife {his words, not mine :) }.....and so have I. Super great week. Minus the missing him so much part. I have worked super hard on camp and have accomplished much. One more week of work and we just might be ready to go {good thing too, because we're only 10 days from Everyway Hero Super Wicked Awesome Camp}!!!

I hate to wish for Mr. Time to fly by, but tonight sweet friend Time, I could really use a miracle! I miss my husband and I want him home. With me. Because wrapped in his arms I am home.
Good night, Sweet Lover! Enjoy the countless stars and warm breeze...


happy 4th of july


"I have always felt that the Stars and Stripes,
our glorious flag,
is God's own banner because it represents
His country.
This is the one nation in all the world
which He acknowledges was set up
by His own hand...
Our country has a glorious, sacred destiny."


Elder Mark E. Petersen, 'The Church & America,' April 1970

we're back

we're exhausted. we're a mess {or the house, rather}. we're glad camp is over. we're grateful to have been a part of it. we're in love with 30 completely amazing young women.


and the church is true.

camp in a nutshell

my camp theme = everyway heroes: strong. courageous. immovable.


my camp main ingredient = gorgeous young women with immense potential


my camp element of surprise = torrential downpour, timing of which is right when tents are being set up upon arrival at camp


my absolute camp requirement = call a good cook, plan a divine menu


my camp rule = there is safety in numbers and have an excellent assistant


my camp philosphy = act crazy and have oodles of fun


my camp treat = other people's s'mores
{but not really}


my camp survival kit = eric

the end.

No comments: